Accomplished business and IT professional with a MS degree, PMP, Scrum Master, Agile Master, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and Scrum Fundamentals Certified and trained in Risk Management, with international exposure in both the public and private sectors. I offer project management, using traditional Waterfall and Agile frameworks and have successfully delivered projects, change management strategies deploying Lean Six Sigma and managed virtual teams in increasingly changing and challenging environments.
Northeastern University College of Professional Studies: Adjunct Faculty October 2016 – Present
Boston University Metropolitan College (MET): Adjunct Faculty June 2016 – Present
Wolters Kluwer Financial Services (WKFS) 2004 – 2015
Program Manager, Professional Services (2008 - 2015)
- Identified improvements to implementations through Lean Six Sigma principles. Achieved projected 67% revenue growth with an efficiency increase of 17.7%.
- Exceeded monthly unit and revenue forecasts for 2014 and 2015 by successfully managing the operational function (revenue and budgets) for implementation services, including staffing and supervision of a virtual team.
- Achieved additional revenue through proposals and statements of work. Personally managed large projects.
- Oversaw critical escalations, determined cause, planned and successfully implemented solutions.
- Identified two new services to add revenue and implemented the structure to support those services.
- Built customer trust and relationships by providing SME consulting in presales opportunities using technical and business analysis expertise.
- Provided input, based on business analysis skills, for the creation of PBI's and influenced priority for inclusion in sprint determination based on impact to business and voice of customer.
- Facilitated stronger upstream and downstream communication with Sales, Product Development and Customer Support Divisions.
Manager (2/2004 - 7/2008)
- Business Process Implementation: Provided pre and post-sales consulting to ensure effective integration of product into customers’ business processes. Advised on technical and business strategy, disaster recovery and fail-over systems, and management of process change.
- Software Installations: Provided project management and technical support on installations.
- Product Training: Designed training courses, managed and provided end-user training.
- Boston University: MS Administrative Studies (Dual Concentration: E-Commerce & Innovation and Technology).
- Institute of Administration and Commerce of South Africa: Diploma - Company Secretary, a three-year (US Bachelor equivalent) qualification in company administration and procedures, taxation, economics and financial accounting.
- Agile Master Certified
- Scrum Master Certified
- Scrum Fundamentals Certified
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt Certified
- Risk Management Trained
- Project Management Institute (PMI): Project Management Professional (PMP)
- WKFS: Lean Six Sigma Practitioner
- Boston University: Graduate Certificate, Database and Client Server Management
- Project Management Institute: PMP member in good standing (2008 to present)
- Member of PMI Mass Bay and PMI Boston and Walpole Round Table Groups
- SHARED Inc, (non-profit organization): Advisory Committee (2008 to present)
AWARDS AND PUBLICATIONS
- August 2008: Recipient of the Wolters Kluwer “One Who Makes A Difference Award”.
- Published academic research paper: Becker, K., and Ting Chong, S. (2005) Beyond Borders in a Global Service Economy. Global Business: The Challenges and Responsibilities in a World of Shifting Alliances, (Kaynak, E. & Harcar, T. Eds) International Management Development Research Yearbook, Advances in Global Management Volume XIV, pp. 740-748.
- Masters Paper: Beyond Borders in a Global Economy - Ting Chong,S. Exploring the issues facing the U.S. services industry in a global economy.
- Recipient of the Firestone “Excellence Achievement Award” for the design of spreadsheets used to manage the costing and labor budgets of two production plants.